- Your Imagine! service coordinator, along with you and other members of your Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) team, will begin to discuss potential transition options.
- If you are interested, determining if your child is eligible for preschool special education services is always a part of this step.
- You will work together to begin your child’s plan. The transition steps and services will be written on the transition plan page of your child’s IFSP.
An Overview of the Transition Process
As early as your child’s second birthday…
By the time your child is 2 years 3 months…
- The Early Intervention Colorado program will notify the school district child find office (Child Find) in your community that your child is approaching three years of age.
By the time your child is 2 years 6 months…
- With your consent, the Early Intervention Colorado program will refer your child to the Child Find office in your community if your child has not met all of the IFSP outcomes and is demonstrating a developmental delay in the areas of thinking, moving, communicating, relating to others, or seeing or hearing.
At least 3 months prior to your child’s third birthday…
- Your service coordinator will follow-up with activities included in your child’s transition plan.
- If you are considering special education services:
- Your service coordinator will work with Child Find to make sure that people you would like to attend the meeting are included.
- With your consent, your child’s current IFSP and evaluation information will be sent to Child Find.
- With your consent, Child Find will evaluate your child to determine whether your child is eligible for preschool special education services.
- If your child is not eligible for preschool special education services, your service coordinator will help you find other resources and opportunities for young children in your community.
By your child’s third birthday…
- If your child is eligible for preschool special education services, you will work with your local school district to develop a plan to meet your child’s needs.
No later than your child’s third birthday…
- Your child will transition out of the Early Intervention Colorado program.